Friday, July 1, 2011

Crunchy Toquitos















So, my mom gave me a gazillion corn tortillas. The first thing that came to mind was TOQUITOS! I once went to a dinner party where spam toquitos were served. They were fabulous. It was the hostesses grandma's secret recipe. I would guess it was spam with a hint of lime juice in it. The spam is very salty and so has enough flavor that lime juice is all you need to add. I made these spam toquitos and beef toquitos above. Here is a basic recipe that you can add your favorite ingredients to (onions, cilantro, cheese, tomatoes etc.).













Crunchy To
quitos
  • 12 white corn tortillas
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 pkg taco seasoning
  • 1 cup canola oil
Fry ground beef with taco seasoning until browned. Place 2 Tbsp of beef onto corn tortilla. Heat oil in skillet on medium high. Roll up tortillas and fry until golden crisp on both sides. Serve with fresh salsa and guacamole.

No comments: