Thursday, October 7, 2010

Virgin Pina Colada





















The Pina Colada is my absolute most favorite drink. I have created my very own recipe for it that I am told is better than any restaurant version. I have to agree. Drink your heart out!!














Virgin Pina Colada

  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk (sold on the Asian food isle - do not mistake for coconut juice)
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 Tbsp white sugar
  • Maraschino cherries
  • Fresh pineapple cored and sliced
Blend together all ingredients but cherries and pineapple. Serve topped with whipped cream, cherries and fresh pineapple on rim of glass. Fun to serve in hollowed out pineapple or coconut halves. (Tip: I have made a variation where I added fresh coconut and pineapple blended into the drink. My guests liked it better that way because it added even more flavor, but the coconut leaves a texture and I like mine to feel smooth. Your choice!)

No comments: