I created this dish when I was in the mood for creamy potatoes but tired of the same old funeral potato recipe. Plus this sauce is fat free and you would never know. This yellow curry sauce I created tastes like Hollandaise sauce which is why I decided to toss in asparagus with the potatoes. My husband loves this dish!
Curry Cream Potatoes
- 6-8 peeled Yukon Gold Potatoes (yellow potatoes)
- 1 bushel of fresh asparagus
- 3 cups of fat free half & half (tastes like regular half & half)
- 2 1/2 cups of fat free plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Island Spice brand curry powder (yellow curry)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp lemon pepper
Begin to steam your asparagus in microwave or on stove. You don't want to boil or it will be soggy and stringy. Once steamed cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces. When potatoes are finished boiling drain water and cut potatoes into 1-2 inch chunks. Toss in asparagus and place on serving platter or dish . You may need to rewarm your sauce. Pour sauce over potatoes and serve.