This is so delicious! I love making crescent roll braids stuffed with pizza fillings, tuna melt and so much more. My friend Lindsey Brown shared this idea with me and it was fabulous! It's easy, tasty and filling!
Braided Ham & Cheese Mornay
- 2 cans crescent refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2-4 cups of thick sliced ham
- 2 cups sharp white shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cup milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- pinch of ground nutmeg
While in the oven, in a saucepan on medium high melt butter. Stir in 2 Tbsp of the flour. Add 1 cup of milk. Then gently sprinkle remaining flour over top and stir well. In the microwave in a glass dish add bouillon cubes, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Heat liquid and then stir cubes until dissolved. Pour into milk mixture on stove. Stir well. Add nutmeg and Parmesan cheese. Sauce should begin to thicken and bubble. Set aside.
Remove braid from oven. Slice up and serve with Mornay sauce spooned over top. Enjoy!