Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cabbage Tarragon


I harvested red/purple cabbage from my garden this year and wasn't sure what to do with it besides making salad. I created this recipe in about 15 minutes and the family loved it. This is a delicious way to eat red cabbage.

So, Tarragon is one of my new favorite herbs. It's sweet and mild and tastes similar to root beer or black licorice. It's surprisingly good in this recipe and creates a unique flavor like nothing I have ever tried before. We couldn't stop eating this. Mmmmm.

Cabbage Tarragon
  • 1 head red cabbage shredded
  • 1 tsp dried tarragon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
Boil shredded cabbage until tender. Drain water and turn stove to low heat. Stir in butter, tarragon, salt and onion powder. Serve warm.

4 comments:

online pharmacy said...

That looks so good, thanks for sharing it.

Lindsey R said...

It is fabulous! You are welcome :)

Anonymous said...

Omg I also added celery and black pepper. Phenomenal.

Lindsey R said...

Glad you loved it! I'll have to try the celery and pepper. :)