Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Easy Chicken Artichoke Penne


Mmmmm! I threw this together last night and it was so good I wanted to write it down so I wouldn't forget it.  It's creamy, tangy and a lovely entree! This is my quick and easy version but if you like the real deal you can use fresh chicken and fresh crumbled bacon. Either way it's super yummy!

Chicken Artichoke Penne
  • 1 box of penne pasta
  • 2 cans of chicken chunks
  • 1 can marinated artichoke hearts, halved
  • 1 pkg real bacon bits (the real bacon)
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • 1/2 cup sliced celery
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions
  • 2 cups baby spinach leaves
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese 
  • Monari Federzoni Balsamic glaze - roasted pepper flavor  (on the vinegar shelf at Walmart)

Dressing
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Kraft made with olive oil)
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 6 drops of lemon essential oil (essential oil is very concentrated which is why I prefer it to extracts or zesting. It adds to the flavor in a way I can't describe. I use doterra brand oil) 
Boil penne according to directions on box. Rinse and place in large salad bowl. Add chicken, artichokes with juice, bacon, tomatoes, celery, green onions and spinach and cheese. Toss together. In a separate small bowl mix together dressing ingredients and pour into pasta salad. Stir together. Enjoy!

No comments: