This is so delicious, creamy and light - and healthy! I could seriously eat the entire batch it's that good!
- 1 pound pasta (I use whole wheat)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium avocados, halved, peeled, and seeded
- 1 packed cup basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Boil the pasta according to directions on package. Drain, put pack in pot and add olive oil. Toss and set aside.
Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh from the avocados and place in a food processor. Add the basil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Pour the pesto over the pasta and toss together. Add the cheese and almonds and toss together until coated. Top with parsley and serve.
Inspired by this recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/linguine-with-avocado-and-arugula-pesto-recipe/index.html