Monday, January 13, 2014

Zesty Shell Salad


This is so simple to make. I was asked to make a salad for a baby shower and this is what I came up with. I knew people would ask for the recipe so I wrote it down as I went along. It is absolutely delicious with a fresh and tangy taste. Pasta is a comfort food and this definitely comforts the appetite!

Zesty Shell Salad
  • 1 box of pasta shells
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I use Kraft made with olive oil)
  • 1 bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing (I prefer the Great Value Brand)
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp lemon zest (grated lemon peel)
  • 2 tsp dried basil
  • dash of salt & pepper
  • 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • 2 cups spinach leaves
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions
  • 1cup sliced olives
  • 1cup artichoke hearts,  quartered (optional)
  • 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese

Boil shells according to directions on package. Drain and rise in cold water. Place pasta in large salad bowl. Add mayonnaise and half of Italian dressing. Toss until evenly coated. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, salt & pepper.Toss well. Add tomatoes, spinach, green onions, olives and artichokes. Toss well. Add shredded cheese and the remaining bottle of Italian dressing. Toss again and chill for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!

No comments: