Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vanilla Smoothies


So, I wanted to serve some kind of vanilla milkshake with my orange rolls - the only problem was that you don't serve milkshakes for breakfast. So I decided by omitting ice cream, I could create a smoothie - perfect for breakfast. I have never seen a recipe before for a vanilla smoothie so I decided to invent my own. Here is the recipe I came up with and they were sure heavenly. This made about 5 servings.

Vanilla Smoothies

  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup ice
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 2 cups vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup fat free milk

 In a blender add cream, sugar and vanilla. Blend for about 30 seconds until it turns to whipped cream. add ice. Blend another 15-30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes before serving to get a frosty, thick smoothie.Enjoy!

No comments: