Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Protein Balls



I went to a Relief Society activity the other night that was all about being healthy. That was where I was introduced to protein balls. They were so yummy that I decided to make my own. Really, you can throw anything into them. I love that they satisfy my cookie dough cravings and if I have a glass of almond milk with them, it takes care of my cookie dough ice cream cravings I get every now and then. The best part is, they are handy when you are starving and need a quick protein snack or right after you work out. I store a bunch in the fridge and my kids have one after school or when we are going to be in the car running errands, I will pack a few. They are so delicious!

Protein Balls

  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup almond butter
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
  • 1/2 cup almond slivers
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup ground flax meal
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp honey

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Shape into ping pong sized balls and wrap in plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator.

No comments: