This is something I completely created on a whim. I had these ingredients in my fridge and the idea came. I love the sweetness of the warm yams and cinnamon with the cold, sour crunch of the apples and the salty, savory turkey with the refreshing cilantro. It's a mouthful of lively flavors that will not disappoint!
- 1 large yam, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut water (coconut milk will also work)
- 2 green Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Place on serving dish and toss is chopped apples. Top with fresh cilantro sprigs. Enjoy!