Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Homemade Marinara


I am a big fan of making quick meals that look like they took longer to make. I love mixing frozen with fresh so that the meal is 50% from scratch and only took me 15 minutes to make.

I love to buy frozen ravioli or tortellini it's less than $4 a bag. I always make my pasta sauces from scratch. This time I was able to use my garden onions, basil and tomatoes. It was so yummy!

Homemade Marinara

  • 1 can of tomato paste
  • 1 1/2 cans of water (using your tomato paste can)
  • 1 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
  • 1/2 Tbsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup dice onion
  • 1 cup of diced tomatoes
  • salt and pepper to taste
Simmer all ingredients for 10 minutes. The frozen pasta takes 3 minutes to cook. Top with fresh basil and cheese.

No comments: