Sunday, November 13, 2011

Starbucks' Caramel Apple Cider


For the first time in my entire life I finally experienced the caramel apple cider from Starbucks. I have heard about it for years and have always wanted to try it. The other night after ordering prescription medicine at the drive through window of a Walgreen's, I needed to kill some time while waiting for the prescription. I remembered that there was a Starbucks down the street and my husband had been saying all week that he was craving apple cider. So I went and picked some up. I was so sad that on the way home it tipped over and spilled all over the floor. It wasn't cheap so I didn't want to go back and get another. My husband loved the surprise even though there wasn't much left. The drink was so delicious, it tasted like liquid apple pie. I promised my kids I would recreate it and we'd have it all the time. So, I made it last night and everyone agreed it tasted exactly the same!

Starbucks' Caramel Apple Cider
  • 1/2 gallon of Musselman's apple cider (must be cider not juice)
  • 1-2 Tbsp Vanilla Caramel Creamer (Coffee-mate brand)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • Whipped Cream
Heat cider in a large saucepan (avoid boiling point). Add creamer and cinnamon, stir well. Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and cinnamon!!

No comments: