Crostini are small Italian toasts usually with a pesto sauce on top. Here is a delicious ways to get your kids to eat peas. What I love about the pea pesto sauce is that it doesn't taste like peas. It has a very fresh, tangy, creamy taste. My guests thought it was guacamole. I think it would taste great on nachos and much cheaper than guacamole.
The corn pesto it also creamy and delicious! I could eat these every day for dinner!
Crostini (with Pea Pesto and Corn Pesto)
- 1 sliced baguette
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- optional 1/3 cup pine nuts
Remove bread slices from the oven. Quickly arrange on a serving platter. Spread 1 Tbsp of pesto sauce onto each slice. Sprinkle tomatoes on top. Serve.