When I was little I hated this stuff (adults who are picky eaters tend not to like this). Now I love it and I find myself craving it a lot! The rich flavors of chocolate, sweet cinnamon, chili powder and cumin are so playful on the pallet and my taste buds sure love to be entertained! I love this with enchiladas but it's also great with soft tacos, burritos and with chips. Here is a recipe I tweaked a bit and made my own.
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth (or onion soup)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil (and or oregano)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon ( I like to add more)
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 -4 Tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
I a small dish, add Hershey's syrup and cocoa. Mix together until yo get a thick cake batter consistency. Gently fold into sauce. If too thick, add a little water to your sauce. It should be the consistency of gravy. Serve warm. Enjoy!