Thursday, March 21, 2013

Feta Meatballs & Lemon Orzo


I had heard about a similar recipe, but I just put this together in my head as I went along. It's super tasty! My husband likes his meatballs well done - so I really let these babies cook!

Feta Meatballs & Lemon Orzo 

Meatballs
  • 1 lb of lean ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
 Soup
  • 2 (32 oz) cans of chicken stock
  • 1 pkg of Orzo pasta
  • 1 cup sliced green onions
  • 2 cups diced tomatoes
  • 1 tsp grated lemon
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • salt & pepper to taste 
Mix meatball ingredients together in large bowl. Add more breadcrumbs if needed. Shape in 2 inch balls and cook in medium high in a skillet until centers are no longer pink.

In a pot on medium high add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add orzo and boil according to directions on pkg (about 10 minutes). Turn heat to medium low and and remaining ingredients. Pour soup in a soup plate and top with meatballs. Enjoy!

No comments: