Thursday, March 28, 2013

Blooming Cheese Loaf







This is super good especially with pizza dipping sauces! The bread strips pull off like little bread sticks! My kids at the whole thing in 30 minutes. I served this as an entree with a salad.

Blooming Cheese Loaf

1 loaf of white bread, not sliced (I made one in my bread maker)
8-10 slices of mozzarella or cheddar cheese (I used both)
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 stick of melted salted butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Italian herbs

Cut horizontal and vertical cuts into bread loaf, not slicing all the way through to the bottom. Cut cheese slices into 1 inch strips and place between bread slices. Sprinkle onions over the top. Melt butter with garlic and herbs. Pour over bread. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Serve hot!


No comments: