Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pomadora



This is the most delicious and addicting pasta on the planet! it's also a fabulous bread stick dip! I was introduced to this recipe about eight years ago from a lady that said her kids always served this for prom, and it easily became my favorite. It's sweet, creamy and tangy with the perfect amount of cheese. Your taste buds will never be the same! 

The original recipe is just the sauce with angel hair pasta, but when I make it I like to add sausage or ground beef and I top it with lot's of cheese. In fact, when I make dinner for a lot of people I always make this because it's so easy to triple the recipe and it's a lot of food. I once fed 25 people (who all had seconds and thirds) in my home from tripling the recipe. When I need to make a lot I like to bake it. So I prepare it in a giant aluminum roast pan. I put the pasta in and add about 2 Tbs olive oil and stir it in, so the noodles don't stick together. Then I pour the sauce over the top and the meat. Then I top with about 4 cups of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan. It's MMMMMMazing! 

I used spaghetti noodles in this pic but trust me - angel hair pasta is the best for this! You want it smooth and silky in your mouth. 

Pomadora
  • 1 box angel hair pasta
  • 1 jar of meatless spaghetti sauce
  • 1 small carton of whipping cream
  • 3/4 cup grated/shredded Parmesan cheese (the real fresh stuff, not the dry immitation on the pasta isle)
  • 5 Tbsp butter
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • pinch of garlic powder and dried basil (optional)

Boil pasta according to directions on box (about 10 minutes). In a saucepan mix all remaining ingredients together on medium high until warm and a little bubbly.  Pour over pasta and top with fresh Parmesan/Mozzarella cheese.

Here's how I make it as a bake - This baby was gone in 30 minutes!


No comments: