This was heaven for my soul! My kids weren't too fond of it - but I could have eaten it for days! It's creamy, tangy, sweet, spicy and bacony!
Sweet Potato Chipotle Soup
- 4 cups pureed sweet potato (canned or fresh)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk (you could use coconut milk too)
- 1 tsp of orange zest (I use a drop of doterra orange essential oil)
- 1/4 tsp salt or more (adjust to your liking)
- 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder or more (adjust to your liking) Knorr brand makes this and you can find it on the Latino foods isle or on the soup mix isle.
- 1 cup diced avocado
- Tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
In a soup pot on medium high add potato puree, chicken broth and mil. Stir until blended and reaches a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add orange zest, salt and chipotle. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve and top with garnishes. Enjoy!