Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Coconut Key Lime Pie


 Oh my word is this ever delicious! I love key lime pie and I make it every year but this time I thought how yummy it would be with a coconut whipped cream - so I created this recipe. Mmmmm - I made it and it did not disappoint!

Coconut Key Lime Pie

  • 1 graham cracker pie crust
  • 1 small can condensed milk 
  • 1/2 cup key lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp lime zest
  • 3 egg yolks
  •  1 tsp coconut extract

Topping:

  • 8 oz whipping cream
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
  • 1 tsp coconut extract 

Set oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl mix condensed milk, lime juice, zest, egg yolks and coconut extract together. Pour into pie crust and bake for 10 minutes.

In a large bowl add whipping cream, sugar and coconut extract. Beat on high speed until thickened and stiff. Spread over cooled pie.

Heat frying pan to medium high and add shredded coconut. Toast until light golden (about 3 minutes) continuously stirring. Sprinkle over top of pie. Refrigerate about 4 hours. Enjoy!

No comments: