Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Strawberry Key Lime Pie



The day I created my coconut key lime pie, my imagination ran wild and I envisioned a strawberry key lime pie. I'm so glad I experimented to create this fabulous recipe! It is super delicious beyind what words can describe! Reminds me of a cold strawberry lime-aid in a creamy pie.

Strawberry Key Lime Pie

  • 1 graham cracker pie crust
  • 1 small can condensed milk 
  • 1/2 cup key lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp lime zest
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 3 cups frozen strawberries, thawed

Topping:

  • 8 oz whipping cream
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Set oven to 350 degrees. Place 1 1/2 cup of strawberries in the microwave for about 2 minutes until hot very soft. Mash them with a fork until they are pureed. In a medium bowl mix condensed milk, lime juice, zest, egg yolks and strawberry puree together. Arrange remaining strawberries on the bottom of pie crust. Pour mixture into pie crust over the berries and bake for 15-20 minutes.

In a large bowl add whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on high speed until thickened and stiff. Spread over cooled pie. Refrigerate about 4 hours. Enjoy!

No comments: