Friday, February 7, 2014

Lemon Chicken Egg-Drop Soup




So, I bought these really pretty pink bowls that remind me of spring. When I first saw them I imagined a yellow,  lemon soup in them. Of course I had to create this soup as the first food I would serve in these cute bowls. It's lemony good and very cleansing with the lemon oil. My family loved it!

Lemon Chicken Egg-Drop Soup

  • 32 oz chicken broth
  • 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
  • 1 box of flavored wild grain rice
  • Juice of one large lemon
  • 2 tsp lemon zest
  • 3 drops of Doterra lemon essential oil (you could also use lemon extract)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sliced green onions 
  • 1tsp dried basil

Cook rice according to directions on box. Meanwhile cook chicken in microwave until white in center. Cut unto cubes. Bring chicken broth to a boil. Add lemon juice, zest, lemon oil and basil. Beat eggs in a small dish and drop into boiling soup. Whisk quickly to break up the egg. Add green onions, rice and chicken. You can add salt and pepper to taste if you'd like. Enjoy!

No comments: