I got my inspiration for this from a recent Red Robin commercial. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since. This is now my favorite burger in the whole world! My husband grills the patties on mesquite flavor charcoals and that's the real secret to this bad boy burger! Not to mention my love for jalapenos and guacamole. My kids loved this too. I just kept off the hot peppers.
- 2 lbs ground beef, thawed
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups homemade guacamole (avocados, salt, garlic, lemon juice)
- 1 jar of jalapeno sliced peppers
- 2 cups fresh salsa (we used mango peach salsa to give it some sweetness)
- 12 slices of pepper jack or chipotle cheddar cheese
- 1 head of Romain lettuce
Build burger in order of (I use Nature's Own buns, they have no corn syrup or preservatives and are yummy!) bun, mayo, patty, cheese, lettuce, guacamole, jalapenos, salsa, and optional condiments (mustard, ketchup, etc.) and top bun. You won't be able to wrap both hands around it without a little sliding off. It's a beast of a burger and feels like a party in your mouth! I serve with Kettle cooked Buffalo chips. So yummy!!!