Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fiesta Burger



I got my inspiration for this from a recent Red Robin commercial. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since. This is now my favorite burger in the whole world! My husband grills the patties on mesquite flavor charcoals and that's the real secret to this bad boy burger! Not to mention my love for jalapenos and guacamole. My kids loved this too. I just kept off the hot peppers.

Fiesta Burger

  • 2 lbs ground beef, thawed
  • 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 cups homemade guacamole (avocados, salt, garlic, lemon juice)
  • 1 jar of jalapeno sliced peppers
  • 2 cups fresh salsa (we used mango peach salsa to give it some sweetness)
  • 12 slices of pepper jack or chipotle cheddar cheese
  • 1 head of Romain lettuce
In a large bowl mix beef, BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, garlic and eggs together. Shape into patties (makes about 12). Grill patties until brown in the center. Baste tops with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Cover and set aside. Make guacamole (I blend in my Magic Bullet and it turns to butter. It make a nice, silky, thick spread).

Build burger in order of (I use Nature's Own buns, they have no corn syrup or preservatives and are yummy!) bun, mayo, patty, cheese, lettuce, guacamole, jalapenos, salsa, and optional condiments (mustard, ketchup, etc.) and top bun. You won't be able to wrap both hands around it without a little sliding off. It's a beast of a burger and feels like a party in your mouth! I serve with Kettle cooked Buffalo chips. So yummy!!!

1 comment:

Sharee said...

I LOVE your blog! I want you to try out this guac recipe and let me know what you think. I cut the recipe in half for just my family but use the whole thing when doing a Pampered Chef party. This is one of our favorites!

Easy Guacamole
5 Ripe Avocado’s
1 small onion
1 lime
2 tsp salt
4 shakes of hot sauce (I use tapatio)
½ tsp chili powder
(I bring the chili powder and hot sauce since it is super cheap and it will last forever)

1.Half the avocado using one of the PC knives. Then pit and remove the flesh from the skin using the avocado peeler. Place Avocado in either large batter bowl of small stainless steel bowl.
2.Dice small onion or half of medium onion with the food chopper. Then add to the avocado. Mash the onion and avocado with the mix and mash until smooth.
3.Then press ½ lime with the citrus press or lime juicer. Add to mixture.
4. Add salt & chili powder with measuring spoons. Then add hot sauce.
5.Mix and serve.