These are very tart and taste delicious served cold. If you love a fresh summery strawberry lemonade then you'll love these bars!
Strawberry Lemonade Bars
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 to 6 lemons)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries
- 1 cup flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, strawberries and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature. Dust with confectioners sugar.