Thursday, September 30, 2010

Autumn Cupcakes



























Okay, so there is really no secret to making cupcakes. I just had to share another one of the many ways you can use my frosting recipe I have posted before (Lemon Cream Cheese Whip). For the cupcakes above, I made the cream cheese whip then divided it in half. In one half I added vanilla and almond extract and left it white, in the other half I added the measurements below for orange extract and coloring. I spread the white topping on spice cake and the orange frosting on Halloween Confetti cake. They were fun and delicious!


Orange Cream Cheese Whip

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
  • 10 drops red food coloring
  • 10 drops yellow food coloring

No comments: