Monday, September 27, 2010

Sticky Chicken
















This is a classic recipe that I have in at least 4 cook books. Most everyone I know has tried this, but I have to include it because it is a favorite! I added my own touch to the recipe which was increasing and thickening the sauce and cooking it in a crock pot to get that juicy, tender, pull apart chicken. I then use the remaining sauce to serve over the rice and steamed vegetables.

Sticky Chicken

  • 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
  • 1 jar of apricot jam
  • 1 pkg onion soup mix
  • 1 small bottle Russian salad dressing
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
Mix together jam, soup and salad dressing. Dissolve corn starch into water and mix into sauce. Pour mixture over chicken in crock pot. Cook on high for an hour then simmer on low for 2-3 hours. (If you don't have time for a crock pot then bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is done).

No comments: