Sunday, February 6, 2011

Berries & Cream Hot Chocolate











This pink goodness is perfect for Valentine's Day. I was wanting to make white hot chocolate from scratch and I thought to myself how yummy it would be to add berry flavor, so I went with raspberry. You could use strawberry as well and serve with a dish of fresh mixed berries and chocolates. I like to dip shortbread cookies in this delicious drink. This tastes even better cold as I found out the next day when I took it out of the fridge. Enjoy!

Berries & Cream Hot Chocolate
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 4 cup half-and-half
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp raspberry extract
  • 8 drops red food coloring (optional)
  • Fat free Ready Whip in a can(tastes like it's not fat free)
  • Fresh raspberries for garnish
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir continuously until white chocolate chips have completely melted. Stir in the half-and-half, vanilla and raspberry extract. Add food coloring. Stir occasionally until heated through. Pour into mugs and top with a dollop of whipped topping and raspberries.

No comments: