Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Artichoke Rice Salad





























This is so delicious! It makes a great side dish with any meat entree. It's like Mediterranean meets Indian food. So much flavor! Yes, another recipe from my mom's ward cookbook - contributed by Rosalie Grip. I'm so glad I tried it. It's such a creative way to do rice. I did make a few additions that I felt made it even better!

Artichoke Rice Salad


  • 1 pkg chicken flavored rice mix
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 green pepper, minced
  • 12 green olives, sliced
  • 2 (6 oz) jars marinated artichoke hearts
  • 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
  • 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
Cook rice according to package, omitting butter. Cool. Add onions, green pepper and olives. Drain artichoke hearts, save liquid. Mix curry, mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, artichoke liquid and add to rice. Add artichoke hearts. Refrigerate until serving time. Garnish with red tomato wedge.

No comments: