Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken Juarez


This is super easy to make and very tasty. It reminds me of the sour cream enchiladas recipes but with a salsa flair and corn tortillas which gives it a whole new taste! Anything with cheese is always a hit at our house. I found this recipe in my mom's ward cookbook which is what I have been reading on my spare time. This recipe is from Marilee Funkhouser.

Chicken Juarez
  • 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups of cubed chicken, cooked
  • 12 corn tortillas cut into 1 inch strips
Sauce:
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 6 oz medium heat salsa
Grease 9X13 inch pan. Mix sauce in a medium bowl. Layer tortilla strips, chicken, sauce, then cheese - alternately. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

No comments: