Sunday, April 17, 2011

Air Whip

This is something I do when I either don't have whipped cream or we are trying to eat healthy. It tastes so fluffy, airy and light. It's just as pretty as cool whip yet it's so much better for you. I use the pasteurized liquid egg whites just to be safe. If you use regular eggs be sure to rinse them in hot water and clean them before cracking them. Make sure they are fresh and refrigerated. I have used regular eggs before and it turned out just fine. But you never know!

Also...sometimes when I make this I take a muffin pan and and fill each holder with a pretty dollop of this.Then I bake it at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes. This works best though if you bake it on what you will serving it on like a waffle or pudding etc. As soon as you try to scoop it out of the muffin tin it caves in easily. To keep it pretty and perfect you have to bake it on what you are serving.

Tip: To make it even more stiff you can add 1/2-1 tsp of cream of tartar.

Air Whip
  • 2 cups liquid egg whites
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Beat with egg beaters in high until stiff peaks form. Serve right away or bake as a meringue. If you place int he fridge it generally holds it's stiffness for about 30 minutes. Eventually the tiny air bubbles pop and it turns back into liquid. So serve right away.

No comments: