I made this on the 4th of July and served it with a refreshing salad and drink. The secret it all in the BBQ sauce and the dusted breadcrumbs. You have to use Sweet Baby Ray's honey BBQ sauce. Also, be sure to try mixing equal parts of this BBQ sauce with ranch dressing for an amazing pizza dip!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 2 grilled chicken breasts chopped
- 1/2 cup blackened sweet red peppers (on pickle isle)
- 3/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays honey BBQ sauce
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp flavored bread crumbs
Roll out pizza dough on floured surface. Shape onto your pizza pan. Brush oil on top. Dust with bread crumbs. Spread BBQ sauce over. Add garlic, onion, red peppers, basil, chicken and cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 19 minutes. Serve hot!