Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fietsa Cheesecake Dip
















I found this recipe in my Better Homes and Garden cookbook. I don't use that cookbook often enough because there aren't enough pictures. It's funny how pictures really help you want to make something. I'm sure I passed over this recipe several times over the years not sure about it. I must say that I'm glad I tried it. It us pure genius! I did make some additions.

Whoever said, cheesecake had to be sweet? If you leave out the sugar then you have cheese and eggs which makes the nice base of your dip. Add the rest of the ingredients for amazing flavor and beautiful color! It's a great centerpiece for you fiesta!

Fiesta Cheesecake Dip
  • 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 (16 oz) large carton of sour cream
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
  • 1 cup fresh guacamole
  • 2/3 cup chopped tomato
  • fresh cilantro
  • chili powder
Beat cheeses with mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in half of sour cream (8 oz). Add eggs. Blend well. Stir in chilies and salsa. Pour into a 9 inch spring form pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool. Spread remaining sour cream on top. chill 3-4 hours.

Remove sides of pan. Place on a platter. Spoon and spread guacamole around sides (I blend avocados, garlic, lemon juice and salt in my Magic Bullet and it's silky like sour cream). Arrange tomato and cilantro on top. Sprinkle chili powder on top. Cut into wedges. Serve chilled with tortilla chips.

No comments: