Sunday, July 10, 2011

Luscious Lemon Cake




Once while sitting at a table with an elderly woman I had never met before, I felt the need to break the ice and do some small talk. I asked her what her hobbies were and she said baking. I then asked her what her favorite recipe was and this was that recipe. She told me how to make it and I did my best to remember so that when I got home I could write it down. I added the coconut. This is a delicious summery cake!

Luscious Lemon Cake
  • 1 yellow cake mix
  • 1 large can lemon pie filling
  • 1 large tub cool whip
  • 1 pkg lemon instant pudding
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
Prepare cake mix according to box. Pour into two greased 9 inch round spring pans. Drop spoonfuls of lemon pudding onto surface of batter (1/2 can's worth on each cake). Bake each cake according to directions on box. Remove from oven and cool. Remove from pan.

Mix cool whip and pudding mix together. Carefully carve the top of one of the cooled cakes until flat on top. Spread whipped topping on top. Place second cake on top. Frost entire cake. Sprinkle coconut on top and sides of cake. Serve chilled.

No comments: