This is how I make enchiladas at my house. I gave them the name "green" enchiladas because originally I used green tortillas and I use a green taco sauce. In the photo shown here I used homemade tortillas which I have included the recipe on my blog as well. This is a before picture (before it went into the oven) of course when they come out they are a cheesy, gooey sensation!
My sister and her husband said they replaced this recipe with their old favorite "chicken enchiladas" with white sauce. They say this is better.
- 8 tortillas
- 1 large bottle La Victoria green taco sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 cups cubed chicken or beef
- 1 pkg Taco Bell seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 Tbsp lime/lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder