Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lemon Basil Crab Chowder

It was a cold night and my husband asked me to make something warm. Well, I had a package of imitation crab meat and I was going to make a salad with it. So after a quick change of plans I decided to just toss it in a pot and see what I could come up with. This was absolutely delicious and my kids loved it! I served it with baked fries but of course yummy sour dough bread would be a perfect side.


Lemon Basil Crab Chowder

  • 1 large package of flaked imitation crab meat (or real)
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 6-8 cups milk
  • 3 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions
  • 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 1 1/2 - 2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • ground pepper
Heat large saucepan to medium high. Melt all of butter then add 1/4 cup of flour. Stir. Add 1 cup milk and stir. Add remaining flour and stir. Add remaining milk. Can add more flour to thicken. Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Serve hot.

No comments: