Sunday, January 30, 2011

Potato Puree Casserole
















I got this idea from a soup commercial. I usually don't get excited when I see the word "casserole" however I put my own spin on this soup commercial idea and that's exactly what it became was a casserole and I must say this is no ordinary casserole. It is velvety smooth and within 25 minutes my family had licked the casserole dish clean. They made it known that this was a crowd pleaser!

Tip: If you are a meat lover you may want to layer 1 pound of cooked ground beef over potatoes before adding soup layer.

Potato Puree Casserole
  • 6-8 red potatoes
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1-2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 family size can of Beef & Vegetable Soup
  • 1-2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
  • Sour cream (for topping)
Boil potatoes with skins on until soft (about15-20 minutes). Remove skins. Place in blender with milk. Blend until they become smooth puree (no lumps). You may need to add more milk if they become too thick to blend, just be careful not too add too much milk or it will become a soup. Blend in salt and garlic. Pour puree into 13X9 inch baking dish. Pour can of soup over top of puree. Spread evenly. Layer top with cheese and bake at 375 degrees for about 2o minutes. Top with cool sour cream and parsley.

No comments: