Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Pizza Bowl





























So you made my spinach dip recipe and it was a hit. The dip is all gone but now you have an enormous empty bread bowl. What to do? I created this for that very dilemma. I hate to wast food. My husband and I were joking that this would be a cool restaurant idea. Kinda like the concept of Subway - build your own pizza bowls. You go through the assembly line picking out your fillings and toppings and then it gets toasted in an oven and feeds your whole family. I could see this being on Man vs. Food. Well, you saw it here first. here is my invention of the Pizza Bowl.

The Pizza Bowl

  • 1 large round loaf of sourdough bread
  • 1 lb ground beef (or meat of your choice)
  • Veggies of your choice (mushrooms, olives, peppers, tomatoes, onions)
  • Cheese of your choice
Hollow out bread loaf into a bowl. Fill with cheese, cooked meat, veggies and top with cheese of your choice. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

No comments: