Sunday, January 30, 2011

Grilled Chicken & Dumplings Alfredo

Okay, I made this up from scratch and I have to say I really amazed myself. I was going to make just regular chicken and dumplings until I realized we did not have any of the traditional ingredients. So...I came up with this and I think I like it better!

Grilled Chicken & Dumplings Alfredo

  • 2 large chicken breasts
  • 1/2 bag frozen spinach
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup light sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Dumplings
  • 2 cups flour
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
  • dash of salt
Cut chicken breasts into large strips or pieces. Grill and set aside (I use my George Foreman). Mix together dumpling batter and drop by large spoonfuls into boiling water 5 at a time. After 1 minute dumplings should be done. Using a strainer remove dumplings and set aside in a bowl. Repeat until batter is gone.

In a frying pan, melt butter. Sautee onions in butter for about 5 minutes on medium high. Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time stirring constantly. As flour begins to thicken quickly add milk 1/2 cup at a time, adding remaining tablespoons of flour in between until milk and flour have all been added. Continue stirring. As mixture begins to bubble add garlic, salt and sour cream. Stir in spinach and cheese. Place dumplings and chicken in sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Top with more cheese. Serve hot.

2 comments:

Tera said...

Lindsey - Love all your posts! Keep up the great work...Thanks for giving me some much needed new ideas.:)

Lindsey R said...

Hey, I'm glad you like them Tera!!I have fun with it and I love making up new creations :)