Sunday, March 27, 2011

Louisianna Catfish with Mardi Gras Sauce

I went to Louisiana when I was 15 and absolutely loved the Cajun cuisine. I have been craving fried catfish ever since and I finally decided to make it. I made my own version of it and made my own sauce and it brought back some wonderful memories and was extremely delicious. I served it with my yummy black bean crisps.

Louisianna Catfish with Mardi Gras Sauce
  • 2 packages of fresh or frozen catfish nuggets
  • 1 cup corn meal
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 - 2 cups canola oil
Sauce
  • 1/4 cup Kraft Mayo with Cracked Pepper
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp red hot sauce
Heat oil on high in a skillet. In a plastic container add all dry ingredients. Take catfish nuggets and run under water, place in container and shake until coated in cornmeal mixture. Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides. Squeeze lemon juice over top and serve with sauce.

No comments: