Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tangy Steak Sauce (German Style)

I had this entree in an Italian Restaurant in Germany a couple years ago. I loved it so much I recreated it in my kitchen and matched the flavor to my memory. It's creamy and tangy and perfect for smothering a steak with.

Tangy Steak Sauce (German Style)
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups milk
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup flour.
Melt butter in skillet. Saute mushrooms until tender. Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time until blended with butter. Add milk and stir until thickened. May add more flour 1 Tbsp at a time to thicken or add more milk to thin. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and serve over steak.

No comments: