Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pancake Cake



I wanted to make a cake today but I was out of eggs and butter. So the idea popped into my head to make a pancake cake. I had a box of Lehi Roller Mills buttermilk pancake mix. I thought to myself about the possibility of baking pancake batter rather than frying it in a pan. It was so much easier and fluffier! I love that you don't have to stand over the stove and flip the cakes or burn them. This is way better and you just top with your favorite pancake toppings - I like to top with homemade pie filling.

Pancake Cake
  • 1 box of buttermilk pancake mix (cake mix size)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup maple syrup
Make entire box of pancake mix according to directions on back. Add oats, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well and pour into cake pan. Bake for 23 minutes. Remove from oven and poke all over with a fork. Pour maple syrup and spread over top. Serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit.

No comments: