Thursday, March 24, 2011

Swiss & Slaw Sandwich















I have made this twice in the last couple months because it is so delicious and easy. It's bursting with flavor from the bread to the beef and because of the juicy, creamy and crisp coleslaw you won't need any condiments. I recommend making your own coleslaw but if you are trying to keep it easy then Smith's sells the best coleslaw in their deli. I bought coleslaw from Walmart and it looked like baby food. You may want to call the bakery ahead of time and put in a fresh order of rye or they may not have any when you go. That's what I have to do.

Swiss & Slaw Sandwich

  • 1/2 lb corned beef fresh from deli
  • 2 cups coleslaw
  • 2 Tbsp mustard
  • 6 slices of Swiss cheese
  • 1 loaf fresh rye bread (I like marble rye)
Slice bread into 12 slices (for 6 sandwiches). Layer corned beef, cheese, coleslaw and spread mustard on top slice. Enjoy!!

No comments: