Tuesday, June 5, 2012

3 Cheese Pepper Crusted Salmon

Yes, you read it right - cheese and salmon together in a recipe. Why not? My husband was a skeptic until he tried it and he went back for seconds and thirds.

I created this recipe as a fix to my husband's loaf of homemade 3 cheese bread gone wrong in the bread maker. We came home from church and it was a big loaf of crumbs. I didn't want to waste it, and we were already having salmon for dinner, so I invented this!

3 Cheese Pepper Crusted Salmon
  • 6 thawed salmon fillets
  • 1 bag frozen sliced red, yellow and green bell peppers
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp Italian herbs 
  • 1/2 tsp dill
  • dash of pepper
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
  • 2-3 cups seasoned bread crumbs (I used three cheese bread crumbs)
Turn oven to 375 degrees. Heat skillet with 1 Tbsp oil and fry salmon until done in center. Place salmon in a greased 13X9" baking dish. Add peppers to skillet and fry until a little blackened. Pour over salmon.

In a bowl add sour cream, salt, lemon juice, herbs, dill and pepper. You can add more salt to your liking. Stir and spoon over salmon and peppers. Sprinkle 2/3 of the shredded cheese over the top. Pour bread crumbs over the cheese and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!

I like to serve with asparagus. I boiled asparagus for 10 minutes and then fried it for 3 minutes in a pan with butter and lemon pepper. My husband said it was the best asparagus he'd ever had. So good!!


No comments: