Thursday, June 21, 2012

Beverly's Meatloaf Surprise




This recipe is my Mom's. It's so yummy and I think would be really good between two slices of grilled sour dough bread. I seldom ever make meatloaf and I actually used turkey for this. It was so delicious - the family devoured it. I served it with a chopped purple cabbage and carrot salad with a homemade mustard vinaigrette.

Beverly's Meatloaf Surprise

2 lbs hamburger
1 egg
1 small can tomato sauce
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 cup bread crumbs
cheddar cheese slices


Mix together all ingredients, minus cheese. Shape 1/3 of the hamburger into loaf pan. Cover meat with cheese and then cover the cheese with 1/3 layer of hamburger. Repeat until pan is full (three layers).

Sauce
  • 3/4 cup kethcup
  • 1 tsp mustard
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
Mix sauce together and then cover meatloaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes or until meat is cooked through. 

No comments: