Thursday, June 21, 2012

Six Cup Salad

I found this recipe in my mom's ward cookbook. Who doesn't love a good fruit salad in June? It's funny because though these are common at summer barbecues and picnics, they are very uncommon in my house. I never make jello salads or fruit salads with marshmallows. I don't know why - maybe because I am always trying to make unique dishes. Well, it was time for me to make one. My kids loved this recipe! Because I never make salads like this it was exotic to them. Very refreshing!



Six Cup Salad
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
  • 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup Maraschino cherries, halved

In a 2-quart container mix all ingredients together carefully, chill in a refrigerator for 12-14 hours. Enjoy!

No comments: