Monday, June 4, 2012

Double Corn Beef Caserole


So I was really into casseroles a couple of weeks ago. When I think of casseroles I think of my grandma or country eating. I decided it was time to make some classic casseroles and add my own little twist! On this recipe I suggest turning your beef into sloppy joe beef. That would add so much more life to this delicious  recipe!

Double Corn Beef Casserole
  • 1 ground beef, browned
  • 1 envelope onion soup mix
  • 1 can tomato soup
(or just make sloppy joe meat - I think it's yummier)

(mix together and set aside)

Mix together:
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup regular corn meal
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Add:
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 can creamed corn
Pour 1/2 of batter into greased 3 qt casserole dish. Spoon meat mixture over batter, sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheese. Add remaining batter and sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve warm with sour cream.

No comments: